We want to see you in the boardroom, not a courtroom. This practical course is based on the in-person training we have been doing for years with volunteer boards of directors of associations and nonprofits. Packed with real-world advice and designed to get your board term off to a great start.
- Understand the characteristics of a high performance board
- Fully grasp your role as a member of a volunteer board of directors
- Gain a working knowledge of your legal responsibilities
- Explain the fundamental principles of good governance
- Be able to recognize signs of dysfunction and deal with them
- Be an effective team player and contribute to your board's success
Empty space, drag to resize
Meet the Instructor
Shelly is the Principal Futurist at Michelle Alcorn and Associates and specializes in non-profit trade associations and professional societies. Shelly stands at the intersection of technology, the education-to-employment system, and the association of the future. She conducts strategic, leadership and staff retreats, and speaks on critical issues faced by the association community and society.